Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ramblings...

Ok, human personality 101: People do things for reasons. Most of the time, reasons to benefit themselves. Humans are selfish by nature.

I like jogging. I don't think I'm benefitting from it physically as much as I am mentally. (ie. still fat) Whenever I jog, it's a journey, to a destination. Never stop, never give up. Like Dory says, just keep swimming. Running. Going... on and on...

Just like a phoenix. Reborned from fire, rather than consumed by it.

You taught me how much I could fight, how much stronger I could become, instead of just succumbing to it like the girl in 2:37. As much as I wish I could, sometimes, I know I can't.

I owe too much.

My life is like a debt, like borrowed time. And I've got to repay it.
My life isn't mine. It belongs to the poor homeless child, the sick old man, the lonely and outcasted teen at school, the blind man struggling to walk, the terminally ill patient who's lost all faith and hope, the sad guy who is going through a rough patch.

There are so many things to do in life, situations to experience, foods to taste, scents to smell, emotions-nice AND nasty-to feel. Day by day, year by year, I'm ticking more and more things off my list. And one day, I'll say, wow look at what I've done with my life, it's really fulfilling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home