Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Mamak Night

Baked cookies for PBL on Friday, and went to SMSUA's AGM in the afternoon, which proceeded smoothly and quickly, in a world-record-breaking time of 24 minutes and 30 seconds. Talk about speed and efficiency!

In the evening, I went for Mamak night, which was a food night hosted by Paradise church, at the UniSA City West Campus. Eugene was supposed attend the function as well, but he had an upset tummy in the evening, and declined the invitation to the food night (think -pangseh- :p). Had a nice chat with Fang while walking there from Med school.




















There were so many people there, with lots of familiar faces popping up every now and then. Many hardworking paradise-church-people were scurrying (hurrying would be a nicer word) around, ensuring everything was being prepared according to plan, setting tables, cooking food, stirring drinks and checking tickets at the registration counter. I met Bruce (aka the bouncer), Yen, Kristin, lots of Aquinas people, Jesse, Bridgette, and some new people like a staff from Women's and Children's, a China guy studying here, an Indonesian woman doing an econs masters. It was an entertaining night, talking to people, watching soccer goals and Yamakazi action, catching up with people I haven't seen in quite awhile.

*Ominous music* Fact or Fiction

While queueing for the food, one of the servers mistook me for another guy in dental school! And this isn't the first time it's happening. During university open day, staff and students manning the dental booth welcomed me initially, saying it's great that I took time off to come down and help out at the booth.. I was like, "nope sorry wrong guy, I'm not from dental school, I'm from next door." Some of my friends like Eugene and You Wen have also seen this mysterious
person in school, and claims he looks exactly like me! Apparently, his name is Peter, and he is a fourth year dental student.

Is this pure myth, or does it have any seams of reality woven in between the fabrics of fiction? Could he just be a future me, coming back in time to visit Adelaide for nostalgic purposes, after time machines have been invented? Or could he be a CIA agent planted here to take over my identity, after they silence me and dispose of my body? Stay tuned to the next episode of Fact or Fiction!

Jokes aside, I'm very interested to meet this guy one day, and find out exactly how much he resembles me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahah i saw him before too! he looks like you!!! yeap and his name is peter from yr 4 dentistry! he's a friend's of valda's, if u rem who she is...

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home