Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My broken heater

My trusty heater of 4 weeks,
crumbled under heat, I couldn't fix
it, and now my room is cold,
miserable, and freezing fourfold

The heater was working fine
all along, no sinister sign
that it would just cease
to provide that warm and comfort
that I so dearly miss

One unexpected evening, under the starry sky
the heater had decided, by and by
it was weary, and could give no more
the wonderful warmth from its metal core.

Puzzled, I stared intently at it
in my heart I pondered, bit by bit
why in the world would the heater stop
and cause the temperature in my room to drop!

Frost crept slowly into my room (and heart)
as I opened the heater part by part
I peered, I screwed, I tried my best
but this was a really challenging test

After some time, I came to realise
that the hours I had spent would not suffice
I was tired, exhausted and pained,
'cause all my efforts were in vain

The world still spins, life still goes on
Despite me being all forlorn
I really wish it would be easier
to bid farewell to my dear heater

I can't be clingy and linger on
wasting time from dusk to dawn
So much to accomplish, so little time
that standing still would, indeed, be a crime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home