Sunday, November 26, 2006

Start of my hols...

The past week has been really good. Arriving back in Singapore on a monday evening, I barely had 4 free days before I succumbed to the malicious grasp of the Singapore army, confining me to the prison-environment of Kranji camp.

Spent the first few days walking around Singapore, checking out what used to be my favourite haunts, like Orchard, Toa Payoh, Novena, Sun Tec, and seeing what had changed in the past few months.. not much actually. Singapore is its usual, busling and crowded self, with people-hill-people-sea (ren2 san1 ren2 hai3) all around. I felt a little oppressed (think claustraphobic!) by the massive crowds at time, but after awhile, it was really interesting to watch people go past, and make tiny mental notes of how they look, what they were wearing, what they were doing, and who they were talking to.

Met up with a few of my friends, like YiQian, and JC classmates like Mingwei, Yeowie and Weiliang.. it was great catching up with them. I'm still waiting for the uni exams to finish before I can meet up with more people, can't wait!

Had a wonderful dinner on friday, and a beautifully magical evening at the Esplanade water front. (been waiting for you for so long, whose fault?? ahahaha...) Had a really good time :)

That was a nice finish to a horrible day, spent in camp, doing absolutely nothing, feeling my brain degenerate before (or behind rather) my very eyes, AND hearing that my unit is going to become more active in the coming weeks and that I might have to stay late for the next two weeks. HELLO WHAT THE HELL??? In the event of a war, I might be tempted to hunt down the army commanders. *feeling EXTREMELY murderous* And to make things worse, I'm now posted to S3 branch to help the clerks. I rather resume my old job of repairing tank weapons, then sit around and talk crap with them (because doing nothing is more tiring than doing something, and clerks do NOTHING).
[Oops, *disclaimer: does not apply to all clerks. So if you are one and you're reading this and you're getting infuriated and preparing to bash Keith up, it **probably** does not apply to you.]

On the bright side, I got to meet up with some of my old camp mates, and hear about what's been happening in camp lately. Apparently, Mindef unveiled the new Bionix2 a few months ago, and my unit has a few of them. They don't look too impressive though, despite featuring a larger 30mm chaingun than the previous Bionix.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be prepared to go for that new BIONIX course LOL

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home