Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Super Ultra Bitching session

*Warning: if you do not appreciate bitching, whining or complaining, the following may not be suitable for you.

There's sooo much to whine about these past few days. It begins on Sunday night, when I was abruptly told that I had to report early to camp on Monday morning. After doing so, I was brought to Pasir Laba Camp (PLC) as part of Operation Stingray (an army intelligence-simulated warfare exercise, which was basically testing tactical deployment of troops by various units, and is entirely computer-based, with amazing resemblence to Risk, but takes 100000x more time to play than a normal Risk game. Now tell me who is more efficient, a Risk player or an army personnel???). There I was asked to do all kinds of STUPID POINTLESS TIMEWASTING things, such as wasting a few bottles of thinner trying to erase stupid marker-details on the map, when redrawing it was so much easier (if you really saw what we were doing, you'd understand the real meaning of ULTIMATE BRAINLESS INEFFICIENCY)

In the late afternoon, I had a fever, and felt horrid, so I went to see the camp MO, who was terribly bad at taking a proper history, implied that I was malingering, and had really gay mannerisms. He sent me off with some paracetamol, and a day's MC. On my way back, I had severe abdominal pain, and had problems even standing. In the MRT, it was so bad I had to squat, and finally, sit on the train floor, gripping my stomach whilst grimacing. AND, no one bothered to even ask me if I was ok, or make some space for me, or even offer me a seat. The train was crowded, and I was in so much pain I tried to look around for help, any help I could get, and all I found was a bunch of people avoiding my gaze, pretending to be occupied with their music players, magazines and staring into blank space.

Singaporeans are pathetic. I have no doubt, if I were in Australia (Ok, not only Australia. Maybe practically anywhere else... well.. except for China, and a few other asian countries I can think of), people there would have the decent care and courtesy to at least ask if they could help. I don't expect help from people, and it's definitely not an obligation to help your fellow human being. But it would be comforting to know that the people around you care, even if you are a total stranger to them.

And as I found out last weekend as well, while caught in a traffic jam on the way to sun tec, that Singaporean drivers (ESP. TAXI DRIVERS) are very VERY obnoxiously rude.

As I exited the train at Bishan, I hurried to the makeshift public toilets just outside the station. There were two toilet entrances, and I hurried into the nearest, headed straight to a cubicle where I vomitted my guts out. I got some relief from that, and as I was about to walk out of the toilet, a lady was entering it. She stared at me in shock!
I instinctively said, "oh, the toilets are unisex, see, the other one also like that.", and pointed in the direction of the other entrance.
Two seconds later, I walked out, and saw the pink 'female' sign on the door I just came out from. Embarrassed, I quickly hurried away.

Tomorrow, I might have to continue another day at PLC, with them predicting that there'll be a stayover because the exercise might continue through the night. wonderful. (IHATESAF)

Honey Bee is getting a new hairstyle.. After that she'll look like beautiful Princess Bee, can't wait to see her!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home