Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Melbourne Day 1 and 2

I arrived 7am early Thursday morning to Melbourne, and made my way to my friend, Melody's apartment along Swanston street. I was greeted by a cheerful and friendly face (albeit sleepy :p), and introduced to the warm, cosy apartment where I would be spending my next few nights in!
Exhausted, I took a short nap, after which, I met her housemate, Amanda, who was equally friendly and welcoming. They brought my to St. Kilda's Beach, where I had a sumptous lunch of fish and chips, and ate delicious chocolate cake and Polish cheesecake for dessert at one of the many dessert shops along the street. I even took a picture with the beautiful waitress!




On our way back, we stopped by the State Library, and ate at a Japanese Restaurant.

On the second day, they brought me to St. Pauls Cathedral and Fitzroy Gardens, which was absolutely beautiful, and had historic cottages, magnificent ancient oaks and pines, and cute little fairy houses. Wonderful place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home