Friday, August 18, 2006

Dark Chocolate

Dark chocolate,
the beautifully exquisite,
deceptively bittersweet esctasy that explodes in your mouth.

My favourite chocolate, it even has antioxidants, and is extremely healthy (except when consumed in large doses).

Dark and bitter
Feeling like roadside litter
Tossed aside, thrown away
Outlived my usefulness for the day

I was there when you needed me
Cared for you whole-heartedly
Dried your tears when you were sad
Cheered you up when you felt bad

I was there, a true friend
When you were alone in a foreign land
Asking nothing of you
Just that you'd be there for me too

Once again, you are back home
With friends galore, in your comfort zone
"I don't see a point", you said to me
"I don't need you anymore, you see."

You just didn't want
to bother or care
It really hurts, and that's terribly unfair
Holding you back? Am I guilty of that? - Your excuses and lies-You used me-

If I could only turn back time
I would not change any deed of mine
I was loving, I was true
The thing I would do is to not choose you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home