Thursday, August 03, 2006

First week of August!

Last week was really crap, my mood felt like shit. Maybe it's because I checked her blog, so am so reminded of her.

Anyway, last Sunday, Ingle Farm church service was good, and I got to watch dozens of bubbly children in action, scampering around the hall, squealing in delight. Their energy and laughter is really infectious. And I've discovered Sara sings really -really- well, because I was sitting beside her, and got to hear her sing AND harmonise with the hymns that were sung by the congregation.

After church, I was invited to Kevin and Ann Rogers' place for lunch! I met their children, Melissa, Tom and Kayla, and Tim and Joanna, and was treated to a delicious feast of roast pork and chicken, baked potatos and absolutely fantastic mushroom sauce. I had strawberries and ice-cream for dessert, and drink two glasses of wine. I felt really at home by their hospitality and nice family warmth.

Melissa is a physiotherapist, who works at MINDS, which is a non-profit charity organisation that helps children with physical and mental disabilities. She's going to go over to Serra Leone next February for nine months, to help the underprevilaged disabled children there. Amazingly noble of her. Wish I could get to know her better, but she doesn't go to this church.

There was youth mass in the evening at St. Francis Xavier, and went for dinner with Leny.

Was quite happy from lunch, and the week started to improve after that. YaY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home