Monday, August 14, 2006

Recent events...

Last Saturday, I attended the ASBC (Adelaide-Singapore Business Council) annual national day D&D function. It was a really formal event, with a plethora of emminent guests, such as deputy high commisioner, AMBC and ASBC chairman, director of SIA and more. After sipping some wine, we were treated to a buffet of Asian cuisines, featuring South Indian style chicken, Asam prawns, stir-fried vegetables and beef in oyster sauce and chinese greens.

Sunday morning, I went to Ingle Farm, and Melissa Rogers was there to talk about her trip with Mercy Ships next year to Sierra Leone for 9 months. She's currently raising funds for her misson trip, because Mercy Ships is a non-profit christian organisation that provides third world countries with health and medical services, but it is entirely voluntary, and the volunteers have to pay for their own living expenses.

I think it is really noble of her, to embark on such a long journey, so far away from comfort zone, away from friends and family. I've been really inspired by her story, and am determined to schedule a year of missionary work before I'm thirty (maybe after my internship year).

Went to Aquinas International food night in the evening, and managed to meet many of my old Aquinas friends (although I felt kinda out of place, cos there were so many new people!). Got to meet some nice people, like Felicia, Cui Xia, Hun Wen, the two jap girls, Theodore, Victor, Mel etc etc.! And managed to play on the Gleeson piano, like old times. Miss it quite alot.



National Day Celebrations!

Top right: Jamie, Gau, Shaan
Middle: Jamie and Eugene
Bottom right: Felicia and me
Bottom left: Bridgette and me... haha omg she looks so cute in this pic!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, you write ur post your blog post as if you are writing english compo wor haha!!!! ok....cheers!!!!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home